Applications are invited from suitably into Bowen university qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the University
AVAILABLE POSTGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE
- Agricultural EconomicsPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- Animal SciencePGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- Crop ProtectionPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- Environmental ManagementPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- Food Science and TechnologyPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- MicrobiologyPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- MathematicsM. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- ChemistryPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- PhysicsM. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- StatisticsM. Sc.
- COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
- Mass CommunicationPGD | M. Sc.
- COLLEGE OF LIBERAL STUDIES
- Religious StudiesPGD | M. A.
- COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- AccountingPGD | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- Banking and FinancePGD | M. Sc.
- Business AdministrationPGD | MBA | M. Sc. | M.Phil. | Ph. D
- EconomicsPGD | M. Sc.
- SociologyPGD | M. Sc.
- Human Resource ManagementM. Sc.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The duration of Postgraduate Diploma programme shall be a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters for full-time studies; a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for part-time studies
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
- For the M.Sc. programme, the duration shall be a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for full-time students, and for part-time students a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters for MBA: Full-time shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters; and for part-time a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE PROGRAMME
The duration of the M.Phil. programme shall be a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for full time, and a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters for part-time.
- Application fee: The Application Form costs Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only.
Applicants have the option of selecting any of the following study modes for their programmes:
The table below shows the modes of study available for various programmes:
- Postgraduate DiplomaA graduate of Bowen University or from a recognized University with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree but with a grade not lower than second class lower division may be admitted. A holder of Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of upper credit may also be admitted.
- Master’s Degree
- A candidate with a first degree from Bowen University or equivalent from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted.
- A candidate with a good Postgraduate Diploma in addition to a first degree or HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Master of Philosophy DegreeA candidate with a Masters degree from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University whose weighted coursework average at the Masters level is between 3.0 and 3.49 CGPA (on 5-point grade average) or between 50 and 54.99%, which includes coursework and dissertation, from a recognized University, may be admitted to the M.Phil. degree programme.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree
- Direct admission to Ph.D. programme
A candidate with a good M. Phil. degree or Master’s degree from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University with a grade not less than 4.00 CGPA (on 5-point scale) or cumulative average of 60%, which includes course work and dissertation may be admitted.
- M.Phil./Ph.D. and Conversion to Ph.D.
A candidate whose weighted coursework average at the Masters level is between 55 and 59.99%, which includes coursework and dissertation, from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University may be admitted to the M.Phil./Ph.D. degree programme.
- Direct admission to Ph.D. programme
MODE OF ADMISSION
- Full-time AdmissionFull-Time Admission can be offered to candidates who satisfy the College of Postgraduate Studies that they are not in employment, or that they have been released by their employers to undertake full-time studies. Candidates found to have made a false declaration in this respect shall be asked to withdraw from the University.
- Part-time AdmissionCandidates may be granted part-time admission if they can satisfy the College of Postgraduate Studies bowen university that facilities for their work as part-time students are adequate. Candidates applying for part-time may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
- On Campus: A student on the On-campus mode of study shall undergo his/her entire lectures, practical and field work within the University campus.
- Online: Every component of the programme shall be delivered online to students on the Online mode of study.
- Hybrid: Lectures shall be delivered online while practical and fieldwork shall be done in the University campus for students on the Hybrid mode of study.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The Application Form costs Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only. Click here to apply https://pgadmissions.bowen.edu.ng/#/auth/login
UNIQUENESS OF BOWEN POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- All programmes are accredited by NUC and Professional Bodies
- Highly rated and competent lecturers
- Uninterrupted Academic Calendar
- Adequate accommodation for students (optional)
- Well-equipped laboratories and studios
- Well stocked library with both print and e-resources
- Wi-Fi accessibility in all areas of the University
- A serene environment with natural vegetation